Happy start to my 2016 Season

Today is International Day of Happiness so I'm going to share my happiness by updating my blog on the things that make me happy and a quick update on my training :D


Yesterday I started my 2016 season by doing Clumber Park Duathlon and I cannot put into words how happy I was to be able to race. Thinking back to last month when I was so weak I couldn't even carry the bread in the supermarket for my mum or open the car door myself, I am so happy to be back racing. I stood on the start line with a grin across my face while everyone else was looking serious and ended the race with a smile just as big. The saying you don't know how much you love something until you can't do it has never meant so much to me as it does now. I am so happy and grateful for everything in life and I'm so happy I've got the chance to race again. I completed the event in 1:20:57 which I am pleased with considering I'm still building up my fitness and it was my first duathlon. Racing makes me Happy whatever the weather and whatever the event!

My continued support from my family, friends, sponsors and boyfriend has also been amazing, knowing so many people believe in me makes me happy! Thank you to my family for everything they do for me. Thank you for my sponsors and and their generosity. Thank you to my boyfriend for his support and being my taxi driver for everything, haha. 

 

On the 13th March I supported my boyfriend Angus at the Silverstone Half Marathon, after having issues with his IT-band he did very well, completing it in 1.23, I am so proud of him. Although I may be a bit of a bad influence because he ended up in the ambulance afterward, oops! (just for an ice pack though - nothing serious)


Training
This week I completed a 14 hour training week including my race on Saturday. I continue to work hard to get my fitness back but as many know after months off it takes time to build up to where you were previously. I am happy with my progress and happy to be back training and have lots of motivation to get back to where I was to have a successful season this year. 


My running is taking the longest to improve as after having shin splints previously I am cautious not to build it up too fast. Last week I managed a 40 minute continuous run which was a big achievement for me and I am happy to be running sub 8 minute miles. In a few more weeks I hope to increase the speed gradually. After all I need to not let the girls down by letting my 11 year old brother beat me!


My Swimming is gradually getting back to full fitness after swimming a sub 5 minute 400m I hope to be back to 4.30min 400m by April :) yay!




















My cycling has only really consisted of turbo sessions at the moment but as spring is finally here I think its time to get back out on the road as its completely different to riding on the turbo. Fingers crossed the weather will get warmer soon :) 


Sponsors
A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to receive a generous parcel from High5, I cannot thank them enough for their support! They sell the best nutrition products out there as well as the tastiest, I can't wait to use them all when racing, training and for recovery. 










New Tri-suit
Lastly I just want to thank iPrintstuff for printing mine and Angus' tri-suits, they look brilliant. It was great to race in my new Zone3 areoforce suit yesterday :)


Thank you for reading my blog, hope you all have a happy 2016 season!

Emily Patch


emily.patch1997@gmail.com - if you have any questions or want any advice or help with anything, drop me an email and I'd be happy to help!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2018 race season starts tomorrow....

Battle Oats Product Review

2018 season fast approaching...