2018 season fast approaching...

Less than two weeks to my first event of the year so it’s time to for an update post! Firstly, if you haven’t already heard through my social media accounts, Angus and I, after meeting through triathlon in 2015 and falling in love while training and racing together, are now creating our own triathlon couple team, ‘Team Emgus’, making us a unique power couple!

Through Team Emgus we will share our triathlon journey together. Please follow our social media accounts for more information, announcements and giveaways in the next few weeks... 

·       Twitter @teamemgus
·       Instagram @teamemgus
·       Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/teamemgus/

It’s been a busy winter and unfortunately, Angus and I haven’t had the best winter of training. I picked up a knee injury from the start of January and have been unable to cycle and run without being in lots of pain and recently Angus has a bad back meaning he is unable to train some days. But I’m happy to see things improve with my knee and managed to run for 5 minutes yesterday pain free, yay!


We have both been upping our swim training recently since joining our new swim club, Nottingham Leander Swimming Club. The last two weeks we’ve increased our swimming volume to over 10km of swimming a week and hopefully will have an even bigger week this week. Even though we haven’t been running or cycling (except the odd turbo), we have been increasing our fitness by swimming and using our FKPro for some strength and conditioning exercises. This should help us to pick up our cycling and running when we can. Luckily, we have a few months before our main events of the season begin so plenty of time to prepare for a late peak season this year. Thankfully Europeans Championships is late this year!!!

Recent events…
I have BUCS biathlon only days away and this involves a 200m swim and 1500m run. I can’t say if I will be able to run 1500m by then, let alone run it fast so I will see how things go as to whether I race or not.

I am very excited to be swimming in my first swim only race in a long time on the 18th March in the Nottinghamshire master county champs.

Thanks for reading my little update!

Emily


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2018 race season starts tomorrow....

Battle Oats Product Review