Happy New Year!!!

Announcements
I am going to start my blog off with a few announcements, firstly the most exciting announcement for anyone who doesn’t already know is, ANGUS AND I GOT ENGAGED!!!!!!!!! 

(on the 19th October)


After persuading me to go for a walk on a chilly day, we went to the lake at Holme Pierrepont, which was where Angus first saw me at the Big Nottingham Sprint Triathlon in 2015 and where we went to celebrate our 1 year anniversary in August. Angus got down on one knee and asked me to marry him while a photographer he had sneakily arranged was busy snapping loads of photos. I said yes and was close to tears as he opened the ring box, he couldn’t have given me a better proposal, I love you Angus!





My next announcement is that I have pre-qualified for the 2017 ITU World Standard Distance Triathlon Championships in Rotterdam and registered a couple of days ago! I will be focusing on this event this year and it is a big goal for me. A massive thank you to the Adam Gibbons Foundation for your continued support and contribution towards getting me to World Champs 2017.


I am also happy to announce my sponsors for my 2017 triathlon season will be Pedal Potential, Sockmine, Threo, Zone3, High5 Nutrition, Function Jigsaw and Bounce Foods. Thank you for your support, lets make 2017 season my best tri season yet!

New Year
Happy New Year Everyone! I think the best thing about the new year is the amount of motivation you have; whether its getting fit, going on a diet or improving your time management. All of which I am now motivated to do and hopefully stick to. The last blog I wrote I mentioned briefly about everything I was planning to fit in and now I have realised that no matter how motivated I am it's impossible.

So in the last 4 months my fiancĂ© and I put our time into renovating our house, doing uni work and general house related jobs. Going to uni has been a lot harder than I imagined and I’m very unsure of how students have got the stereotype of being lazy, partying and sleeping for most of the day because I can ensure you my uni experience so far has been coursework, exams, coursework, exams and I’ve had not much time for anything other than studying. Leaving Angus to do most of the renovating himself with me doing the odd bit of wallpapering stripping, painting or just holding things in place.

After struggling with managing our time and not having any cooking facilities other than a microwave, kettle and toaster in the living room Angus and I made the decision to stop training as beans on toast, microwave meals and canned soup as a diet wasn’t very good to train on even if we did manage to find any free time.


Missing training after a 4 month break Angus and I decided that after the kitchen was finished and we could cook properly again we would start to build up our training. Early December we had cooking facilities so we started to train again starting with running. Both of us have had running injuries in the past so building up our running gradually was important so we started with a three 15 minute easy run for the first 10 days, then 20 minute easy runs for the next two weeks and 25-30 minute runs and last week we did a 40 minute run as 4 x 10 minute runs with a 2 minute walk in between - progress!!

In the new year we have unpacked our cycling and swim kits again so we can start building up all 3 sports as triathlon season will soon be here! Our bikes were very dusty after a 4 month break so Angus cleaned them up while I was busy doing other cleaning and we did our first turbo on the 3rd January and it was hard, I was struggling at 12-13mph and we were both sweating buckets after only cycling for a couple of minutes.


Function Jigsaw
Just before Christmas Angus and I had our first session with our new sponsor Function Jigsaw (http://functionjigsaw.co.uk) to check out how we were both doing. I had my first sports massage which hurt but it was a good pain and made my calves feel nice a loose ready for our next run. I'm looking forward to working with Function Jigsaw this year to keep injury free and improve on any weaknesses.



Thanks for reading, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year! Keep an eye out for my next blog which will include some product reviews….


Emily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2018 race season starts tomorrow....

Battle Oats Product Review

2018 season fast approaching...