Product Review – Threo Regent’s park cycling kit

In my last blog I mentioned that I was going to review some of the kit I use when training or racing, so I’m going to start with my Threo cycling kit.


Before Threo started up last year I had limited cycle wear, pretty much all of which didn’t fit my body shape properly and most of it was actually from the men’s section or wasn’t even cycle specific clothing, which was uncomfortable to cycle in as you can imagine. Below are some pictures of the kit I used to train in on my bike (Picture 1 - mens long sleeve cycling jersey and some female running tights, Picture 2 - Running shorts and a crop top and Picture 3 - Men's small cycling kit)🙈😂🚴:




When scrolling through twitter I came across Threo’s page prior to their launch. Their unique and eye-catching designs were what first caught my eye - they were girly but not overly girly, which not being a typical girly girl myself was exactly what I was looking for. Threo has filled a big gap in the market and it’s great for female sport.  

When I found out they were going to be at the 220 Triathlon Show at Lee Valley Velodrome last year I couldn’t wait to go and see the kit in person. At the show I got to try on the kit for myself and woah!! The quality of the kit is faultless, just by feeling the kit you can tell how good quality the material is and after that I could wait to give it a real test out on the bike.


I was very excited to try the kit and had the Regents Park jersey and shorts to put to the test. The Threo girls have really put a lot of thought and love into their kit as they had the same issues as me and a lot of triathlon and cycling loving girls out there. The fit is absolutely perfect! The shorts have good leg grippers so they don’t move around when cycling, the pad is very comfy and I don’t get any chafing when cycling – how different to the kit I used to wear! The high-waisted top is a nice comfy fit and means the shorts stay put and are very comfy to ride in.


Having high-waisted shorts instead of bib shorts is also very handy for turbo sessions when you just feel like wearing the shorts and a crop top, and it also comes in very handy when you need the toilet and don’t have to take off all your layers like you do with bib shorts.


The jersey has great pockets at the back, including a zip pocket which comes in handy for keeping valuables in, and the jersey has a gripper band around the bottom that stops the jersey riding up when cycling. The breathable material is great on hot days and the zip of jersey is a YKK locking one so stays where you zip it to, which is handy if you want it only zipped up ¾ when its warm outside. The fit of the jersey is good - it accommodates my large swimming shoulders and the large grippers on the arms stop the sleeves on the jersey from moving up when cycling.


Threo is the first female specific cycling kit that I’ve tried and I highly recommend it to all female cyclists and triathletes out there. Its comfy, practical and stunning, what more could you want :D

Threo has just launched their new 2017 range which has lots of gorgeous new colours and styles and all of it is available to pre order now at https://threo.co.uk.



I hope that my review has been helpful and that you enjoyed reading it! Keep your eye out for more product review posts soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2018 race season starts tomorrow....

Battle Oats Product Review

2018 season fast approaching...