Start of 2016

I'm pretty sure my February blog is supposed to be about how much winter training I've been doing and how I'm getting ready for my first race which is only weeks away and I really wish it was, however my last two months have consisted of 23 visits to A&E and my GP surgery. But many scans, tests and various medications later I am on the mend having solved the problem. I was allergic to my plastic retainer causing my throat and tongue to swell and so that I struggle to breathe, a very rare allergy. So the good news is I am well and back training again! YAAAAY!

So thats the bad news out the way and I can talk about the positives. Firstly I'm going to start by announcing my sponsors for the 2016 season which are Swimzi, High5 and Zone3, I am very thankful for there support this year and will be tweeting, blogging and instagraming about their products throughout the year, to read about my new Swimzi products you can click on the sponsors link above.


Training


I started back training on the 16th January with just walking to wake up my legs especially after 2 months of being in bed. Finally getting my fitness back now and managed to complete a 12 hour training week last week. Its hard to get back into things again after completely losing my fitness but its been easier with the support of my amazing boyfriend, he really has been amazing!







 Last weekend Angus and I went on a day trip to the London Triathlon Show at the Excel Arena, we spent the first half of the day helping out on the Zone3 stand, selling great quality wetsuit and tri-suits, I cannot wait to start race season so I can test out my new wetsuit and tri-suit. Check out their new 2016 range (their biggest range yet) online for loads of amazing products.


During the afternoon we looked around the show picking up freebies and trying lots of sample products. A very enjoyable day, I can't wait to go to the Manchester triathlon show to represent Swimzi in their stand.




Racing
Below is a list of my 2016 race reason, my main aim A races are Lisbon, British Sprint Championships and Leeds Aquathon. I will also be competing in the Delta-simons Aquathon series and hope to reclaim my series title.



Thanks for reading, I wish everyone a healthy and happy 2016 full of swimming, cycling and running!

Emily Patch





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2018 race season starts tomorrow....

Battle Oats Product Review

2018 season fast approaching...